Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Daily Life

Living in a country is much different than traveling.  The country becomes your home, at least for a temporary period.  You live as people do in that country.  I think that the most important part of living in a new country is getting a good place to live.

I have found a nice place in the center of Tblisi near shops and public transportation. Small, but has heat.. which is good because living without heat is no fun.. as I found when first living in Istanbul.

My apartment building is typical of Soviet era apartment buildings which is very bland and decrepit on the outside.  The buttons on the elevator has many that do not work. In some apartment buildings, you have to put in a minor amount to use the elevator.  The stairs are sometimes broken and the lights are peculiar when they will turn on. However, this is normal for all apartments in the center.  Some are worse. However, my apartment inside is modern and nice.

Outside my window, I face a busy street where cars and taxis are racing up and down the street. Traffic and drivers can be irratic in Georgia.. But, I have not seen an accident on my street.

No comments:

Post a Comment